Monday, February 2, 2015

If You're Happy and You Know It

Eli has a new trick...


His grandma was singing "if you're happy and you know it" to him during the Super Bowl, and he just started clapping. 

I have to admit- this one is more exciting to me than crawling. Crawling was a long drawn out process, and trying to descide if 2 shimmies constituted a crawl, or if he needed to cover a certain distance before it was official- well, it kind of made it anti-climactic. 

THIS though, this was OUT OF NOWHERE. 
Just BOOM, how about I clap on command. 

My favorite part about the whole thing is also that, in reality, it couldn't have been "boom"- someone (more likely some oneS) were working behind the scenes to teach him this. 
It gets better, when I started thinking about "who it could be...who has he had 1-on1 time with recently?" THIS was my list
Well, it could have been Rico's parents all the times they watched him while Rico and his brother played racquetball. 
It could have been my parents, she babysat twice this week and he has been over there a lot. 
It could have been Rico during their many early morning play times or after work "mom's cooking dinner so we'll go play in the playroom" sessions
It could have been watching his cousin Grace do it, or maybe Josh and Em (his aunt and uncle) were showing him tonight. 
It could have been Lizzie (his other cousin) when they played at Nana's
It could have been his great grandparents while they watched him while I worked out.  
It could have been his OTHER great grandparents when they were playing at church, or at their house  for Sunday brunch. 
Well, for that matter it could have been any number or his third cousins or great aunts and uncles that were also over for Sunday brunch. 

I finally stopped to realize just how amazing my list of culprits was. I am so very happy that he gets to see so many relatives- and those were just in the last week!  

That moment of thankfulness was almost better than watching how proud he gets that he can clap...almost. 



No comments:

Post a Comment