Sunday, February 1, 2015

Daddy's Home!

In an effort not to forget the little things that we do everyday- THIS is what 5:25 looks like in our house

At 5:20 we go stand on the bench under the front window and wait for daddy to come home. 
I sing "He'll be coming round the corner when he comes" (other verses include "he'll be driving a black jeep, oh he's gunna get the mail, he's gunna make funny faces, we're all gunna get kisses… you get the idea)

Then, this happens: 
Every. Day.
Eli watches until Rico gets out of the car and then you can literally SEE the moment he realizes it is Rico-
he smiles his double-dimple smile
he lets out a little squeal
and he bounces around a bit

After getting the mail, Rico comes up to the window and they proceed to blow fish faces-
 BOTH of them (yes, my glass is ALL sorts of smudgy, and I don't care)

and high five…


Until daddy gets cold and comes in for those kisses we sang about earlier. 

I thought that it was something I did for me (I literally count the minutes until he comes home on some of my rough days), but the one day that Eli took a late nap and wasn't at the window for Rico, I realized that it is for him too. 
He was so sad, and then admitted, "It's the best part of the whole day"
"The WHOLE day? Really? That seems like a bold statement."
"No, really, the WHOLE day"

I think we are all in agreement there.




No comments:

Post a Comment