Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow Day #1

SNOOOOOOOW DAY(s)!

Snow Day #1: 
Slept in, made breakfast, showered, messed with some insurance stuff, picked up the house, did some laundry, updated my Target registry (turns out- they have cloth diapers online!), and sent Rico excessive amounts of unimportant texts. 
Now what?
I called my mom: "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO ALL DAY?!"
After an hour long conversation, I still had no real answers. But hey- it killed an hour.

I decided to finally give up and throw away my old sewing machine. The bad news: that required that I ice skate down our driveway holding an awkwardly shaped (and heavy) sewing machine box and trying not to fall on my butt. 
Getting DOWN the driveway wasn't the problem. STOPPING at the end of the driveway almost went poorly, but thankfully I grabbed on to the trashcan just in time.
Getting UP the driveway was another story. I just kept slipping back down. It was like a cartoon. I briefly considered getting on my hands and knees and crawling back up the driveway, but managed to use the trash bin to shimmy over to some crunchy grass.
Here's some evidence of how slippery it was on or driveway- watch Rico get the mail and pay special attention to how his feet are skating- not walking.


 I returned some things to TJMaxx, and took a random trip to goodwill (Eli needed hangers)

I also took a trip to the school to pick up my work laptop and blockout. I also wanted to get some mileage in since going on a walk outside was CLEARLY not going to happen
.
"It sure might be nice if these hallways were quiet and not packed full of kids standing in clusters in the middle of the hall and yelling or moving negative 2 miles an hour because they are texting while walking." I used to think to myself.

And THEN I saw the halls empty, quiet, and dark. 
Even when I walk at 5pm, there are usually a few lingering students, teachers, and janitors for me to say hi to. 

Not today.

CREEEPY.

NOT as creepy as when we had to go in at 2am (in pitch dark, wondering if we were setting off a silent alarm that would call the police) to program the electronic babies so we could head to watch my niece be born...but creepy none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment