Monday, April 7, 2014

Last Weekend as Brown Party of 2?

This COULD potentially be our last weekend as non-parents.
Who knows.
I just looked at the charting calendar ap I used to get pregnant and found a feature that predicts due date. It told me April 24th.
That's certainly NOT the 10th.
So….there's that.

Friday
Friday night I spent in bed (Rico's orders after a blood pressure/ spots in my vision scare all day Friday). 
No worries, I went into the school nurse first thing in the morning and throughout the day to check my bp. They were very concerned, telling me that they would get me a sub and to come lie down. 
I told them I would instead teach mostly from my chair and come in periodically to get BP checks and assured them that I would call my midwives emergency line (which I did) 
They emailed me all day to check in and basically threw a party when I finally said I was leaving to go to the midwives. I'm not used to that kind of worry. It was sweet, but I didn't like it. 

The midwife on the "on call" line was very calm and we both agreed that I should try to make it in that day to get a protein check to rule out pre-eclampsia (she never used the term…but I'm not a dummy- I'd warned Rico the night before when my vision was being odd that if my BP was high at work that they would want to check my protein levels for that. I shouldn't have done that- because then he googled it and got all worried) She said to come in whenever I could. Ahhhh…now that's better. 
Not alarming or scary- just dealing with the issue matter of factly.

When I got to New Birth Company my bp was back to normal (I'm telling you, I think it is impossible to have high blood pressure in that place- it's too relaxing), Eli's heartbeat was strong, AND- my protein levels checked out fine. So- we're still good here folks. 

I got bored after my 2 hour nap Friday night and we went to the grocery store to hunt down a chocolate truffle. After 10 minutes in the candy aisle, yes- 10, we left with a bag of midnight Milkyways 
I think the cashier thought I was in an abusive/controlling relationship when I looked at Rico and asked "How many can I have?" as I opened the bag before he even finished paying. 
Rico: "5"
Cashier with concerned face: "Why only 5?" 
Rico: "Because otherwise she'll eat the whole bag and make herself sick"
Cashier- giving me a look of concern and shock
Me: "It's true, I would. I've done it before"
I ate my 5 before we were barely out of the parking lot.

 Then we went to the bar by our house to play trivia and people watch. 
Yep, 9 months pregnant, 5 mini candy bars in my belly, and in a bar at 11 pm.  

Saturday: 
I woke up at 6am…blogged…and then WENT BACK TO SLEEP! Until 10 am. 
Say what?!
Then, Rico made me a lovely breakfast of whole wheat pancakes, fruit, and a wine glass full of milk (obviously- what ELSE would you drink milk out of?).
I then went to the massage I was told I HAD to get by my chiropractor. 
This sounds very fancy, but it might not have looked like you imagine.
It was VERY firm (I practiced using my pain relief methods as she literally used her elbows to dig in) and in VERY personal locations. Hint- my pelvis ligaments are too tight and my chiropractor's instructions were, "Don't wear underwear, it will just get in the way"

I followed that up with a trip to our cute little downtown. We had lunch…at a bar. Do you see a theme?  But seriously, we are lucky enough to have bars with REALLY good food and I REALLY wanted their Greek salad with chicken. 

It was so nice outside that I convinced Rico to walk around downtown with me and we ended up at a thrift shop (not shocking) and bought Eli a little K-State onesie for football season. 

Then, we met a friend at the ice cream shop where I got to hear about the TATTOO she had gotten a few hours before. I had so many questions to grill her with!
You'll like this, it is in a pretty font and says, "Let them see You" with a cross. 

She was sweet enough to take a picture of Rico and I downtown (I wanted something to remember one of my favorite Lee's Summit spots before we move)



Even better, we kept seeing people taking senior photos, engagement photos,  and wedding photos-  so she suggested that we take one of the more "classic" photos our seniors get for senior pictures. Here's our best rendition of a cheesy senior photo:


It turned out a little too good… we really were going for super cheesy.

Sunday:
Well, Sunday was spent as usual.
Church.
Grocery store.
Laundry (Rico did all our laundry this weekend- because he is a rock star)
I cook all our lunches for the week, all my breakfasts for the week, dinner, and a freezer meal or two (for after Eli comes) while Rico works on xyz house project (this week it was the yard).
Then, we sit on the back porch while Rico drinks a beer and I drink whatever boring preggo drink I have in a wine glass, and we chat about life and our very interesting neighbors.
Max poses uncomfortably on the outdoor rug- pretending to be ok with sitting outside like a real dog.
We catch up on a couple of DVR'd shows, and it's 7 o'clock and I'm ready for bed.
I boycott going to bed at 7 even though I am tired, and distract myself with XYZ project until I finally give in and go to bed.
This week, I put away laundry for an hour. JUST my laundry. That's how much laundry Rico did.

And THAT my friends is how we spent our (potentially) last crazy weekend as Brown party of 2.
We're so crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment