Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cabin Fever

Break is over, Rico is back at work. 
I am back at home with Eli, but the twist? 
It is FREEEEEZING outside.
Like, "don't let any of his skin show" freezing.

So I've been in this house since Tuesday night. 
As in, HAVEN'T BEEN OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE IN 3 DAYS.
Not even to the mailbox.
That's a lot of "hanging around" (sorry, it's a cute pic and it didn't fit anywhere else)

It's getting hard to be motivated to look nice. 
Not even kidding, this is me right now.
Except change "plaid flannel pj pants" to "my husband's over sized K-State sweatpants and a spaghetti strapped shirt with a giant hole."
I know, classy.
I've also toyed around with quite a few mom-on-the-go (who isn't going anywhere) hair-do's, including, but not limited to:
the "wet hair sloppy bun"
the "dried hair but didn't straighten or style it in any way"
the "use the alligator clip from your curlers and just put up the hair that falls in your face" 
the "clippie french twist that isn't supposed to actually be seen by anyone but I left it in all day"
and I am currently typing in the tried and true  classic pony tail

As whiny as I am about it, just imagine being a baby couped up in the same place.
We've had to get creative:
 I boiled some pasta. 

 It's white pasta that I used for bringing soup over the holidays, so I knew we weren't going to eat it (we're a whole wheat pasta kind of family), 
 So I figured we could do some sensory play with it.
 Eli embraced the idea easily
Note the giant wipeable tablecloth- purely practical, I wasn't trying to be cute.
 I mean he REALLY got into it

 Like, Really.
 In his hair, stuck to his butt…you name it



He even ate some…maybe 1 or two actually made it in his mouth, so I'm not too worried
  (I am going to roll my eyes SO hard at that when we have our second kid and they are chowing down on goodness knows what and I could care less)

 Then I put olive oil in the past so he could experience a new texture…that was too messy to document- but it DOES explain why he was naked for the next sensory bin
 AND why he needed a bath. 
Check out that rocking hair style…I couldn't have done it on purpose if I had tried. 

Nor would I- YIKES

No comments:

Post a Comment