Wednesday, July 16, 2014

3 months

"It will get better, just wait until he's 3 months" 

To be honest, things started getting MUCH better at 2 months, but if 3 months has even more fun to offer, bring it on.

We've figured out a pretty great system for being able to go in public, so we can go out to dinner or run short errands a lot more easily now. 
We even brought him out on a dinner date Friday. 
He slept through it.
WHICH, might I add, meant he missed out on having a picture with his face through a world-cup themed cardboard cut-out. I actually considered waking him up to do it.
Rico talked me down.

He's starting to thin out in the back of his head- more than you can see here.

Eli recognizes Erik and I and turns toward us when he hears us. His cries are much easier to distinguish- thank goodness.
Trying to find me as he hears my voice in the kitchen
He found his hand and has it in his mouth almost ALL the time. He has also learned how to grab toys and put them in there too…and how to suck on shoulders and chairs. You could say "He really sucks", sorry, it had to be done.

He's LOVING his taggie blanket- mainly shoving it in his mouth.
We pull him up by his hands to sit up and his neck stays strong. He's started to hate laying down- he prefers to sit up. Basically, he's stopped being floppy, which is great and all, but floppy = newborn/infant and now he's a "baby"
Growing up is stupid.
Just kidding, kind of. 

He uses his bumbo chair.
He loves to bounce and fly with all his grandparents!

He sleeps 4-5 hours at night (I don't though…gotta pump pump pump). He still sleeps in his rock-n-play (not swaddled), but naps in his crib (we just started swaddling again in the past 2 days and OH MY GOSH- he is actually taking REAL naps, not 10-20 minutes siestas)

He wakes up EVERY morning with a smile.
Want some t.m.i/ a mental image you don't really want but it is probably my favorite thing he does so I am going to share it anyway?
In the morning, when he wakes up to eat, you can tell that he is done and ready to be up for the day: he'll stop eating because he looks up and me and is smiling too big to eat. It's like he forgets what he is doing and he just griiiiiins. 
It makes me laugh every time. Even if it is 6 am and that smile means I am going to be missing sleep- I just can't help but smile. 
Obviously, I don't have a photo of this. 

His most recent trick? 
He grunts.
Does that sound cute to you? 
Let me assure you, it is not.
Ok, it's kind of cut the first couple of times- and then it just sounds like he is constipated all day long. 
Here's a video to prove it:
Our lives are pretty consumed by the house right now, and by "our" I mean Rico's life…and his brother.
Eli and I just hang out here since he isn't allowed to be in the construction. 
He HAS been on many trips to pick out counters, paint, backslashes (etc) though.

No comments:

Post a Comment