Saturday, July 19, 2014

Class reunion: Saturday

Saturday, I got to sleep in while Rico went to the golf tournament with some guy friends. The tournament proceeds went to our amazing friend Cheech (obviously a nickname- at least I hope that is obvious) who JUST FINISHED HER LAST CHEMO TREATMENT! She's got 2 adorable, sweet, funny babies and a loving and devoted husband. She shared her struggles, inspiration, and hopes as she went through treatment and it was very inspiring. I am so very lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing friends.


This ALSO happened to be our 6 year anniversary. 
Our friends put the whole event together,

and I told them that I felt like they were planning our second wedding.

Seriously, beautiful location (yes, a barn, but a cute barn- and NO I did not grow up in the country),

beautiful flowers/ decorations, 


a bar, a dj, yummy food, and a lot of the same people.

Like my girls.

 10 years, lots of weddings, and lots of babies later,
two in the oven as I type this!
when we all get together we still act just like we did at those after football game slumber parties on Friday nights: like dorks.

 It was awesome to see people that live so very far away.

There was also a photo-op spot. Perfect!


I told Rico that for our anniversary he had to remember that I spent the morning alone while he golfed, and that he owed me a favor at the party that night. 
Rico: "Only if you tell me what it is"
Me: "No"  
Rico "Fine, but it can't be in front of people"
Me: "Weeeeellllll, it has to be"
Rico: "Fine, but not more than 4 people"
Me: "Deal"
So I made him do our vows photo-booth style. I even brought some of my own props!

For better or for worse
In sickness or health
For richer or poorer
As long as we both shall live
Yep, he played alone without complaining and ALMOST without rolling his eyes. Poor guy.
We also were sure to renew our vows (we do it for our anniversary every year to something random- dolphins, monkeys, fish while underwater, you know, like totally normal people). This year we took a walk to the field and said them to some cows.
The whole night was a blast. It was great to get out, get dressed up, and be with adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment