Monday, July 7, 2014

Fun with Jess

My friend Jess came into town to visit her family…and we got to have lots of fun.
Saturday:
She saw our new house and I gave her a "tour" of Derby, complete with sno-cones. 
We gave Eli a bath.
Sunday:
A pool play date at her aunt's house.
This was a big day for Eli- he had never gotten all the way in the pool before. 
He did great! 
He kicked his little feet 
and he didn't cry at all!
 Again, he wasn't Mr. Smiles, but he didn't cry, and that is my current measure of him liking things.

 Monday:
Zoo day! 
I. Love. The. Zoo.
Since we've moved here (about a month), I've taken Eli to the zoo 3 or 4 times.
Last time I went, Eli SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING.
This time, he was awake and alive. 
A little grumpy, but awake.
A little fussy, but awake.
A little crying, but awake.
A little sweaty and uncomfortable (it was over 100 today), but awake.
This helps you size your child up so you know what breed of penguin they are the same size as. Eli has been asleep though this part every time we've been here.
Tigers
He fulfilled one of my mom dreams by bonding with a gorilla.
Growing up, I always noticed that babies seem to draw the apes in…
so I used Eli as baby-bait. 
It worked! 
The gorillas came over to us and faced the baby to stare at him.
It's official- everyone loves babies.
He seemed to actually like it too- look at that smile!
He got bonus points by ALSO bonding with the orangutans. 


Melt. My. Heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment