Friday, August 22, 2014

Daddy's Alumni Game

All the sudden, after years of playing, Rico and his brother were the oldest people playing at our High School soccer alumni game. 
Our friend (and Rico's old teammate) is the head coach now, and he holds this event each year where the varsity team scrimmages alumni.
I can honestly say I don't think I watched more than 10 seconds in a row of the game
 (I brought Eli- 'nuff said), 
but based on Rico's sweat and comments after the game, I may be glad I didn't see the torture that was him trying to re-live his glory days.

Obviously, Eli wasn't impressed. He slept on my lap through the last 15 minutes.

Afterwards, we visited the new panther head outside the locker rooms. Just a couple of weeks ago Rico's uncle was in at enrollment (I helped work it) showing us a mock-up for this "good luck" head he was helping to create for the football team to rub before coming out on the field- and here it was. 
Very cool.
I made us document Eli's first time rubbing the head. It could make a cute parallel if it becomes (and stays) a tradition when he is in high school.

I also took one of my very very favorite pictures of Rico and Eli. Our little one was sweetly sleeping on his sweaty daddy looking over the football/soccer field that we had so many memories of growing up/dating- and that hopefully he will too.
Melt. My. Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment