Sunday, August 24, 2014

This Sunday is Bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
Recently Eli has been showing some cues that he is ready to start weaning soon- he's started the creepy "I'm going to watch you as you put every piece of food in your mouth and look pathetic and sad" phase.
So, (as long as I am eating something that is REAL food) I have been rubbing some food on his lips so he can taste it.
Just this afternoon he tried raspberries, strawberries, peaches, ice, blueberries, 
aaaand bananas.
 He really liked the bananas. 
 And I got THIS look when I tried to take it away…
 and when I finally DID take it away, there was some whining involved. Speaking of whining, a TRAVESTY occurred today.
Yes, I am being dramatic.
I was nominated for the ALS Ice bucket challenge by Rico's aunt. 
Alright. 
I love a theme.
I love events.
I love documenting themed events.

That wasn't the travesty.

I got everything together and started assigning rolls. 
My mother in law was in charge of dumping the ice water. 
My father in law was in charge of watching Eli.
and Rico, Rico was in charge of the camera. 
I gave him directorial notes- to start by letting his mom talk, then pan out to show me standing in the duck pool and give his mom the sign to dump when he was ready. I ended by saying, "Don't worry about stopping and starting, I can always edit things out"
She said her line, Rico backed up, gave the sign, the FREEZING water came down, I ran around the yard screaming a little bit and then it happened.
Rico: "oh no"
Me: "What do you mean oh no?" 
Rico: "I didn't get it"
Sounds like a cruel joke, right? No. Really. 
He got his mom talking for 2 seconds before it started. 
He got the grass with my voice as I ran arond the yard after it was over.
What he DIDN'T get was any part of the actual moment itself.
Fail.
He suggested that I at least take a picture to prove I did it. 
"Be sure to get the duck pool in it and the ice in the grass so everyone knows I really did it"
and this, THIS folks is the unedited photo. 
Double fail.
Can a girl catch a break?!
I hadn't planned to nominate anyone to complete the challenge until I was standing in a far, soaking from freezing water, with no video and only a crappy picture to prove it.
Rico, you're up.

Yes, yes I am somehow managing to make a charitable act about me and being grumpy about it. 
It isn't my finest moment. 
Clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment