Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Baby Daddy got a Job

Well, after a July full of waking up, job hunting for an hour or two, then working on the house for the rest of the day- Rico accepted a new job!
This was the job he was most excited about, even from just the job description.
He knew he would be a perfect fit for the position, the people were nice, and the product was something he liked. 
Money.
He'll be the Direct Marketing Coordinator for the headquarters of a bank. 
I did an impromptu photo shoot in Rico's tie so he would have a recent picture of Eli for his desk. Thank goodness he didn't pee on it.
Now some fun details:
1) He interviewed for his previous job the night after being hospitalized for food poisoning.
He interviewed for this job after getting listeriosis (from that pluot recall) where his arms and face fell asleep, his vision went blurry, and he spent days where he couldn't focus mentally on things. 
Perfect for an interview, right?
2) He'll be working downtown and will drive past "our spot" everyday. This commute will be almost exactly HALF the commute he had in KC.
We went and visited "our spot" with Eli when Rico went to show me his new office on our Friday night family date
3) The salary and benefits are much better than he had expected to be able to get in the Wichita area- in fact, he didn't even make a column in his spreadsheets of our future budget that went out that far.
4) The dress is the same as his old job (so no shopping spree for a new suit)
5) His office has 2 buildings across the street from each other (and a third actual bank down the block)- so there is an elevated glass enclosed sidewalk he gets to use. 
I remember seeing these downtown when I was little and wanting to go in them SO bad. 
6) It is also on a main street with all sorts of cool places we remember from our childhoods.  The "River Festival" takes place right on the street in that picture, so he'll be able to look out the window to see parades and all sorts of CRAZY people watching…AND we should get a pretty sweet parking spot (in the garage) for when we want to go at night.
He works in the left building, but these are both his company
One of my favorite places to go when I was little, The Old Mill Tasty Shoppe (an old tiny diner) is right down the street (and across from where Rico and I got our senior pictures taken…ahhh memories)
We went to eat there last night and I ordered the same thing I had as a kid:
Peanut butter, Banana, and Honey sandwich. On WHITE bread. AND we split a chocolate shake!
 (I got a side salad to try to offset all the horrible sugar filled choices I was making. Obviously I am telling you all this because I feel guilty and when I feel guilty I verbally purge)
Look how impressed Eli is. 
Yet another Wichita classic that he slept through. 

Eventually Eli woke up and we went to visit his aunt Ashley and cousin Lizzie who live fairly close. Lizzie was post sticky sno cone (hence the lack of clothing), but agreed to help my sister feed Eli a bottle. 
Or at least TRY. 
Dude hates bottles.
A tiny bit of me likes this, I get boob superior: "Oh, you crappy bottle, you can't even begin to compare to the real deal"
...and then I get off my high horse and realize that is a HUGE pain in the butt because it makes me leaving him with anyone else really hard on them.

So, there it is, the last piece that was missing from our moving home puzzle.
Baby- Check
House- Check
Job- Check

We still have a long way to go before we feel settled and in any sort of groove with any of these things (Except the baby, I think we've pretty much found our new normal with that one. The new normal being that there is no normal and we should go with the flow)

I knew people looked at me like I was a little crazy when I told them that we were picking up and leaving our home and jobs to move somewhere else where we had NO idea what we would be doing  or where we would be living, but I knew God was going to put us WHERE we needed to be WHEN we needed to be there- and boy did He deliver. 
I never doubted. 
I wondered what he had in store. 
OH BOY did I wonder... 
but I always knew that He had His plan and we were just along for the ride.
I won't lie, I'm glad the ride is almost over, maybe now we can go from the super thrilling "you never know what is around the next corner" kind of ride to something a little more tame. 
You know, like going from an intense roller coaster where you almost get whiplash to taking a tram ride through the amusement park while you catch a quick nap. 
Good luck to me on that one. 
I have a hunch that once you start having babies, you have forfeited your ticket to the tram ride portion of life…everything is a little more thrilling now.


No comments:

Post a Comment