Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Time for Everything

There's a time for everything around here.
Like a time for bed…it's a process
Bath time. Ok, this is drying off time, but he looks so stinkin cute! And Tigger isn't even my favorite (I like Piglet, or even Eeyore)
Then, time for PJ's, a diaper change, and his "goodnight tour" where he goes around the house to say goodnight to his grandparents. (I know, pretty cool that he gets to do that. I can't think about it too much or I cry because when the house is done that won't happen anymore)
Then it is story time! This week's bedtime stories. I am documenting his books- pretty sure I missed a week or two, that's ok.
Sometimes daddy has a sno-cone sickness so grandma steps in to save the good-night routine.
Then there's family time
 Niece time: I decided I wanted to let Lizzie bake with me, so we made healthy pumpkin muffins.  WE liked them. Everyone else in the world thought they were horrible. Whatever, she had fun.

My sister sharing her lap with her daughter and Eli…she's practicing because she is PREGNANT again!

Eli was a little grabby. Lizzie was shockingly patient about it.
...And playdate time
Zoo time with one of my oldest friends and her son Sam.  Sometimes you go to the zoo and the fans and people you are with are way more fascinating than the exotic animals. Especially when you aren't even 1 yet.

Oh, and tee-pees. Sam LOVES a good tent. (I thought she was exaggerating when she said this, but no, he really does light up.

Still set up at the zoo after Zoobilee (an awesome night where they open the zoo for a fancy event with free food and open bar (I think). I've never been but I want to go SO BADLY. Pardon my bust in this…apparently this saloon girl was nursing too!
That's more appropriate
...And time for routines and traditions
Weekly lunch time…with daddy. This week we met him over his lunch hour at the Waterfront for 9 layer hummus.  
A time for morning runs…look at Eli sitting in the stroller without his car seat!  I felt SO accomplished after this run because I peeked in at him and saw him with his glasses nearly off his face, hair SUPER windblown, and yes, flipping me off. I didn't run nearly fast or long enough for him to look like this, but it sure made me feel good!
...Or mommy time while Rico works on making us a house
We went to the Rally to Improve Birth- there were lots of tables where I got lots of hope for my future labor, names of groups I would like to join, and maybe even career information.
There were also lots of baby wearing, breastfeeding, and cloth diapers around me.
It was awesome.
We also enjoyed the farmer's market outside after we left (I didn't buy anything, but Eli had fallen asleep in his Tula carrier and I didn't want to wake him up to be trapped in a carseat.
Plus it was amazingly pretty outside.
Plus there was live music.
Plus I drove 30 minutes to get there so I was atleast going to stay for over an hour.
I did NOT take this, but Eli, my mom and I all went for a walk here after the rally
 And finally, we can't forget church time. 
Eli was really bringing the cuteness again this week.


We also had a picnic there that afternoon, but I haven't seen any of the pictures I saw being taken.
Or the drone video…which may or may not have gotten some arial shots that are basically going to be cleavage city since I was bending over playing with Eli.

And then we start again. New books to start out the new week of adventures.
This coming week looks to be jam packed with fun…hopefully I remember to take pictures along the way.
Starting this next week with Eric Carle books. We also got a book for Daddy about being grumpy…to try to make his bad days better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment