Monday, November 24, 2014

Parenting Win

Today I really felt like a parenting champion. 
I wanted to run through the house high-fiving people.
I think I may have fist pumped…while whispering "boo-yah" 
(yes, I celebrate 90's style)

I even snapped a picture of my moment of glory.

THAT, THAT is a baby who got to STAY asleep/let me eat lunch/ let me get ready for work/ let me pack the car all because I didn't have to wake him up to put him in his crib (where his monitor is). 
Why? 
I facetimed my iPad with my phone.
I thought I was just soooooo smart.
You know what- I STILL do.

So what if it took me 7 months to think of this? 
So what if he was asleep in our bed instead of his crib (naughty, naughty: I know)?
So what if the lunch I ate was super-unhealthy chicken quesidillas?
(I got them at dinner with friends, and those calories don't count…neither do the margaritas)
So what if I didn't have time to pump a bottle for him to have while I worked? 
also known as
So what if my boobs explode because I might not get a plan period to pump when I get to work?
So what if I had to leave him in pj's to go to Nanas?
So. Freaking. What?

I could have NEVER thought to do that.
I could have missed getting an hour long nap because I tried to get him into the crib.
I could have not gotten to eat lunch at all!
I could have had to go to work unshowered.
I could have woken up earlier to pump, BUT when I got to work I had almost an hour before kids came to my room anyway, so I pumped and my mom came and picked it up. 
I mean, you don't get much fresher than that. 
I did get locked out of the building though…so that was pretty entertaining.
I COULD have gone monitor-less and he COULD have woken up and rolled off the bed.
But I didn't.
Mainly because he rolled himself off the bed LAST week (I feel exactly as awful about it as I should), so he's met his quota.
For life.
I hope.

In 100% unrelated news: THE HOUSE IS DONE!

Some day I will take the time to do before and after pics, but honestly we just spent a whole night putting up one set of curtains while passing the baby back and forth, so I have other things to do.
The jist: 
I love it.
I have no room for any small kitchen appliances (they are all bigger than you think)
Most our furniture was scratched in the move.
A ton of our stuff will still need to stay in storage- mainly because I have hoarding tendencies and can't just get rid of 1 of my 5 sets of mixing bowls or one of my 8 cookie sheets. 
The "projects still to do list" is a lot longer than any of us would care to admit.
But I love it anyway.
It already feels kind of like home- and we haven't even moved in yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment