Sunday, December 1, 2013

Max's Thoughts

In case you wondered how our little four-legged boy was reacting to the news...he is only mildly impressed. 
He has taken to snuggling with the bump more and more, but I think that is because the bump is getting more and more in the way of my lap. Here he was at Thanksgiving:

It is funny, I remember when Max came into our lives I said, "I bet this is God's way of preparing me to have a boy someday"  

Max has shown me some things that I've also heard from boy moms:
Boys can be some of the BEST snugglers.
You get over the awkwardness of unfamiliar genitalia pretty quickly.
Yes, it is frustrating that the clothes/ accessories for boys aren't nearly as easy to come by- but it keeps you from buying the entire store.
Boys LOVE their moms. 

Max even treats me differently than Erik. He'll chew on (well, since he is missing most his teeth it's more like "gumming" on) Erik during play time, but as soon as I put my hand on him he'll turn chewing into licking- even when he is in the heat of play-time. He knows, and it melts my heart.

So, that's what I am prepared for- a lot of heart melting.

Well played God, well played. 

No comments:

Post a Comment