Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's a Little...

Our appointment at Baby Waves went well- SO well. 

I blame myself for the first ultrasound fiasco. I didn't prepare the baby. This time, we had a nice little conversation on the way there. 
"Rufio, we are going to be taking pictures of you. It would be VERY helpful if you could move that umbilical cord out of the way." 

Once we were able to see it, our little one yawned, sucked it's thumb, yawned again, pointed to things, and yawned some more. Yawning is it's favorite. Then, just to show me how awesome the baby is- it did the BEST THING EVER. 
Ultrasound tech: "Oh, it's playing with the umbilical cord"

Our baby MOVED THE UMBILICAL CORD OUT OF THE WAY. 

You rock baby. 

She had us close our eyes when she was looking for the gender. We heard her clicking away taking pictures. We smiled and stared at each other...as usual.
She put the results in this envelope and printed off the pictures of the baby doing all its fun tricks. 



We went straight to my sister's house to have her prep the gender reveal items. Yes, she knew before I knew. Weird. 

She was a little excited.

Over the past 2 years I had kept my free color packet from the color run 5k's we "ran". One year I asked for pink, the next for blue...literally for the purpose of a gender reveal one day. Yes, I realize this is insane.  
My sister packed a black bag with the correct color of powder for us to throw at each other.
She also only packed the correct color of silly sting for people to spray (switching the lid colors so they still looked pink AND blue). 
We went back to the Brown's house and made a cute little set-up

We kept it small, just immediate family. And then we went outside to find out...


Yes, a BOY. 
Eli. 
Telling the Brown extended family.

We are incredibly excited- in case you couldn't tell. 

Then- we went shopping. 
Let's just say: Grandmas are AWESOME. 
They did ALL this damage in 2 days.
Fancy pants clothes. Yes, that is a newsboy cap. Yes, that sweater cardigan has elbow patches. Yes those are herringbone overalls. I call Eli's look "old man hipster chic".
Sports clothes, he has some royals gear too- but we left that in KC
Comfy clothes...just so you know- that cowboy outfit has socks that look like cowboy boots. Too funny.
...and other random items

1 comment: