Saturday, December 28, 2013

MY salad's bigger than YOUR salad!

You know when you are little and you get into fights with other kids on the playground? 
"MY daddy is smarter than YOUR daddy!"
"Well, MY daddy is funnier than YOUR daddy!"
I always won with
 "My daddy is bigger than your daddy!" 

Well, today, I ALSO would have won the "MY salad is bigger than YOUR salad" challenge. 
I had a GENIUS plan. Put the yummy add on's on the bottom and spinach on the top.  

My logic: I wouldn't need as much dressing, because the dressing would touch all the spinach instead of being wasted on covering things that already taste like heaven. 
I called it an "inverse salad"
Reality: I ran out of room for the spinach...you know- the "salad" part of the salad.

How it went down:
Mmmm- artichoke- I better get extra of that- get my money's worth out of this salad bar
 Oh, cucumbers, those look good and Rico hates them so I never get to have them 
Bean medley...well that's just protein. Eli needs protein.
Tomatoes- those will add a nice kick of color, I better get a few extra
 Kalamata olives- I just payed a stupid amount for these at the store, I better eat more now while it's included.
 Broccoli- oooh that will add a nice crunch
Cottage cheese- well that's just a great fake-out for a creamy dressing- I should get plenty
 Red onions, ooooh the tongs picked up a lot- oh well, more flavor for me
Zucchini- well that's new here: bring it on!
Mushrooms....mmmm mushrooms. I better get another scoop.
An egg- more protein- bring it on!

You can clearly see how I ran out of space for the actual spinach.

I managed to pile it on top- but my plate was a MOUNTAIN. A mountain that there was NO way to conquer without a huge spill.
So, I did the walk of shame and had to go ask for a second salad plate.


Then, by the time I finally had all my big items cut up into pieces can actually fit in my mouth to take my first bite-my husband has already finished his entire salad. 

At least it was good...BOTH plates worth (and the hummus, and raisins and pumpkin seeds for dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment