Tuesday, May 6, 2014

On My Own...

Week 1- Rico was with me
Week 2- My mom was with me
Week 3- My mother in law was with me

Those 3 weeks were so VERY, very helpful. 
But then, week 4, it was just Eli and I. 
I was intimidated.

My FIRST day without helping hands was…
Well,
 it WASN'T good.
Let's be honest.
It was bad.
Remember this book?

It was like that.

It started rough, it continued to be rough, and even after Rico came home, it ended rough.
Rico even took his temperature, worried that he might be sick.

I kid you not- 
He pooped/ peed through 4 outfits. FOUR! by noon
He cried nearly the entire time. Not fussy: WAILING.
See?
He took 1 nap. ONE 1 fifteen minute nap (he had been sleeping nearly all afternoon in the previous weeks)
At one point he kicked me in the eye. I was kicked in the eye! Apparently my song was not to his liking.
He demanded to eat almost the entire time. Literally.
He let me have a shower…but I didn't get to dry my hair until 6 hours later.
At one point I lost my phone for a few hours. Thankfully, my mother-in-law called. I heard my muffled ring and eventually found my phone…in Eli's laundry hamper.
I leaked milk on EVERYTHING.
Why you might ask…well because Eli has a new trick.
He now randomly LURCHES his head back mid-feed- trying to take my nipple with him.
Then, he wriggles until he unlatches- where he resumes screaming- like I did it to him.
Then, he tries to re latch without really opening his mouth (presumably because it is a slippery mess)
It's lose lose.
If we count my nipple, it's lose-lose-lose

All this AND we had a house showing that night, so I needed to get the house ready.
I gave up and asked Rico to come home early to help clean the house.

We went to dinner and then got a calling that ANOTHER couple wanted to look at the house, so we drove over to our neighborhood clubhouse.
Being outside helped SO much.
 Well, that AND the fact that my husband is a "situationalist" and always seems to know JUST what to do to soothe Eli.
Tomorrow would be better…it HAD to be better.
My friends remind me when I forget-
every day in parenting is a new day, and as one put it:
"and thank God for that!"

Spoiler alert- I am writing this around noon of day 2 where I have ALREADY…
showered (AND dried my hair),
put on REAL clothes (not a tank top drenched in milk and sweatpants)
 taken a beautiful lakeside walk,
That's the clubhouse from yesterday in the background
finished 2 loads of laundry,
made AND ate lunch,
used the monitor as he NAPPED in his CRIB for an HOUR,
uploaded/printed his newborn pictures
and blogged.
All by 1pm.
Boom baby.

Also…he has only pooped through ONE outfit…and the blanket he was in.
Hey, the kid ate a lot, he's allowed.







No comments:

Post a Comment