Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Goodbye Lee's Summit

It took weeks of packing 1 box at a time (whenever Eli would allow us to be hands free).
We took a few breaks, like to give Eli one last bath:
Some friends even came over to babysit while we packed. It was great because I got to spend time with them all and STILL got to be productive.
They also managed to have some fun with him-

 You can see his sweet hair do better in this one.
 They even made sure to get Eli packed.

 We managed to pack up all of our lives into a 26 foot truck…and a a total of 5 cars/truck beds. 

Sometimes- the guys had to stop for bottles…which meant a lot of late night pumping for me.

We said farewell to Lee's Summit in one of the best ways possible: 
we took Eli to his first AND last Lee's Summit Days.
I will certainly miss that. 
We got to walk around the historic downtown streets of the town we've come to love.
We got to see some of my old students (and they got to see Eli)
Erik got to drink- while walking around.
The outdoor festivals in Kansas are great and all, but you can't walk around and drink.
Kansas is still a little stuck in the prohibition era.
 My husband LOVES to be able to walk around and drink.
At Kansas festivals, you are lucky if they let you drink in a roped off pavilion.
Silly.
We saw some friends, and I made them take a family picture of us. It is SO hard to get a picture with all three of us!
No, that's not a scarf in summer, I wore him in my moby so we wouldn't have to lug around a stroller. 

We walked back to the car and both agreed that is was the perfect way to say goodbye to Lee's Summit.
I even had a student run into me and GIVE me her funnel cake. 
There isn't much better than funnel cake at a fair…except FREE funnel cake at a fair. 
Except- it MAY have given me food poisoning.
the night before the big move
that gave me chills that kept me up all night
and would leave me dehydrated and barely able to move
and made me "look like death" (Rico's ACTUAL words to me the next day)
and gave me a migraine
So…yeah, moving day went a little bit differently than we had planned. 














No comments:

Post a Comment