Tuesday, June 17, 2014

World Cup

So, let's be honest, I don't care about the world cup. 
I don't hate it by any means, but I am just not into sports. 
Sports make me feel a bit like this:
BUT
I DO love the stories. Yes, the fluff pieces.
I DO love the fan fair.
I DO love bugging my husband with questions about how the game works. It's impressive how much he knows and I think it is pretty hot. 
I DO love seeing their unique outfits uniforms and hairstyles
and most of all, I DO love seeing my husband happy.
and nothing- NOTHING makes him happier than the world cup.

EXCEPT maybe getting to watch the USA WIN a world cup game with a son dressed up in the onsie he has been waiting to put on him since his mom showed it to him before my baby shower. 

Even better, for father's day all he wanted was to watch the world cup USA games uninterrupted (IE: without having to take care of Eli). I can do that!


In the meantime, I took tons of pictures as I entertained Eli- and as Rico jumped around the room screaming like a crazy man.

I even turned some brownies into a soccer ball (his mom always goes ALL out for big sports events, and since the world cup is basically a holiday for this family, I felt like I should at least try for a dessert)
It was LITERALLY the least I could do. Sorry, mama has a hard time getting to the store.

So, here's to Eli's first World cup…and to what has now been deemed the "lucky jersey" 
Hopefully he doesn't have a blowout, because Rico says we can't wash it because it is lucky.

I'm not sure which is more unlikely- another USA win, or Eli wearing a onsie for another 4 hours without peeing or pooping on it. 

I wouldn't put money on either.

No comments:

Post a Comment