Monday, November 18, 2013

Rufio on the MOVE

So...little Rufio MOVES now. I can even feel him/her from the outside now!

We spent Saturday night at a wedding. I cried, I laughed, it had it all- including a beautiful bride.
...AND props

and some co-workers acting crazy. 


I woke up Sunday to make brunch (YES Rufio FINALLY let me sleep in past 6 am on a weekend) and in the process realized that my "pregnancy brain" is still in full force. 
Rico: "Is something on fire?"
Me (thinking about it for MUCH longer than I should have had to): "Crap. Yes, yes it is."

I watched Dear John after the bread incident- I bawled for literally 3 hours. Did I just LOVE it? No. It wasn't even good. I wouldn't even watch it again. Yet, tears fell within 30 seconds after each commercial break ended. 
After an afternoon of burnt bread and sobbing on the couch, we decided that I needed to maybe shower and enter the real world for the day (since I knew I would be headed back to work that night to run reports on some electronic babies) 
My husband walked up as I was in the LEAST attractive position a barely pregnant woman could find herself in. Let's be honest, that any human being could be found in.
You know that position. 
The one where you bend over and somehow your cute tight belly gets folds and just looks like blubber. 
The one where rolls appear as if from nowhere. 
The one where YOU won't even look in the mirror, much less let anyone else see you like that.

Not only that- but I had a banana in one hand and was bent over the jacuzzi tub filling the dog's water bowl in the other (yes, he has his own "upstairs" bowl)
 It wasn't pretty. 
"What are you doing?!"
I froze and immediately started laughing.
There were no other options. 
Except crying. SO I did that too.
The ugly cry. 
Sobbing. Gasping for air. 
Not half crying/ half laughing but FULLY crying and FULLY laughing hysterically.
The grand finale? 
I spit up chewed banana on Rico's shirt as we were hugging/laughing/crying (me- not him. It wasn't THAT traumatic for him) 
Glamorous.

We did finally recover and get out of the house to buy this little tiny hat that made it all ok. I mean, come ON!

Last update of the night: 
After a stressful day (car drama- after JUST getting my car back from the dealer this weekend and spending way too much), I decided that Rufio, Max, and I needed to take a stroll around the lake. I think the baby like it BECAUSE
not only can I feel Rufio...but as of TONIGHT, so can Rico! 
Whoa.




No comments:

Post a Comment