Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Free Time

Between MLK Jr. day and a canceled birthing class...I had a little extra time on my hands. 
I made some bow-ties that I can snap onto onsies for little Eli.
As he gets older, I can just snap these ties onto the bigger onsie sizes.
For the record: Rico's reaction each time I show him a new one is to roll his eyes.

We watched "The Happiest Baby on the Block" our minds were BLOWN. We looked at each other and decided that we needed a crying infant IMMEDIATELY.

Well, we're short on those (for now), so instead we decided to try 4 of the 5 s's on Maximus. 
Ladies and gentlemen: Swaddling, side, shhhh-ing, and swinging. 
We opted out of "sucking", for obvious reasons.

We also called a doula.
Rico found her...I realize that's not normal.
Here's how it went down (e-mail style):


"I don’t know if I’m over stepping anything here….but I found our Doula. After reading many bios, I’ve settled on this one.

I do understand that you’ll want to look and find the right fit for you. The reasons I picked her.
-The first picture on her site is her family instead of a bunch of ladies without shirts on."

(insert a long list of other, more valid reasons that I won't bore you with)

                      "Boom. Feel free to look around, but remember….I’m the situationalist."

THANK YOU RICO! I hate making decisions. 
AND...he IS the ultimate situationalist.

So, our first interview with a doula is in the making. 
We talked on the phone first- she said we didn't sound creepy- so that's a good sign. 

What a productive night last 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment