Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well...that crept up on me

Apparently I am in full pregnancy mode. I'm not sure when it happened- but it's taken over my life.
Some signs: 

#1: My daily supplements. 
In case you were wondering- 

Alfalfa: to reduce bleeding during birth and for about 1 million other reasons. Here's an article: clearly it is peer reviewed and scientific...OR it was the first website I googled because I am lazy. http://wellnessmama.com/188/herb-profile-alfalfa/

Pre-natal: I've been taking that one for years now. Plenty of vitamin D and Folic acid in this bad boy. I bought the most expensive one...back BEFORE insurance decided to ruin my life this year.

Red Raspberry Leaf (both tea and pill form)- to reduce nausea, leg cramping, and sleeping issues. It is also supposed to strengthen my uterus/pelvic muscles and make contractions more efficient. Here's what that same lady says about it (she must have some sort of deal with google- she ALWAYS pops up first) http://wellnessmama.com/5107/herb-profileraspberry-leaf/


So, here is what I take 3 times a day (minus the prenatal, which is only once a day). 
Those round alfalfa ones are NASTY. 
They smell AND taste like eating a tea bag. 
Not drinking...eating.
I don't like tea. 
And they aren't in capsules- so if you don't take them just right they IMMEDIATELY start dissolving in your mouth.

It's a good thing I like Eli.



#2- My Friday Nights
I had a bad Thursday/ Friday night (again- insurance is trying to ruin my life), so I told Rico that I wanted a picnic in front of the fire...with peanut butter and jelly (this isn't something I normally get to eat- especially with the naughty peanut butter instead of almond butter), and fancy drinks. 


Shockingly- I had a safe sex on the beach...WHAT?! WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?! 
Rico had one of his extra hoppy IPA's that I bought him for Christmas. 
After lots of chatting- and a video of our niece saying our names that we watched over 50 times (No- really) were both in better moods...until I realized that laying on the floor for over an hour while pregnant was NOT my best idea. 

Then it got REALLY crazy. We cleaned the blinds in the office, and painted the trim/molding. Then I finally showered for the day. Then I went to bed.
Living the dream baby. Living the dream.


#3 My "workouts"
So, everyday I have a list of "exercises" I need to do to help get me ready for labor. 
They are VERY different from the high intensity workouts/ lifting I was doing a year ago today. 

The walking...that's easy. I just pack workout clothes for work and take to the hallways before I head home. 
One day I got to actually walk around our lake like a normal human being. Yes, the lake is still frozen- but it was 58 degrees on my walk (until 3 hours later when it was snowing again)

Some of the other moves are a little less easy to remember to do- but I've managed to fit them into my daily routine.
Here I'm "tailor sitting" (to help stretch my hips/ thighs for labor...and possibly reduce the risk of varicose veins) while I dry my hair. 
I also do my kegals at this point (to help with stronger pushing in labor, and to reduce the risk of tearing)...gosh, don't you LOVE being over-informed?!
 Rico said this was his "artistic shot" 
I hold a squatting position (to stretch...well we'll just say, "things" to reduce tearing during labor) everyday for a few minutes as I pet Max when I get home. It's win-win.

#4 A New Line of Questioning
People no longer ask me "When are you due?"
NOW they say, "How much time do you have left?"
JUST today I was asked: 
"Are you tired?" (to be fair, I was fiddling with my belt and making a very exasperated face as I was trying to get it to not fall off me)
"So, Mrs. Brown, who is going to be our new teacher when you have the baby?"
"When are you going to take your leave?Are you working until you pop?"
"Are you super uncomfortable yet?" (me: "Not yet, thankfully) 
"Well you WILL be"

And then the BEST ONE: a freshman boy, "So- how far apart are your contractions?"
Yes. He ACTUALLY asked me that. 

When did that happen?
Maybe when my profile started looking like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment