Monday, January 20, 2014

Pump it Up

I've been emailing co-workers (and making Rico do the same even though he first tried to say he was NOT going to ask his co-worker about a pump because that was "awkward and too personal"- eventually he caved and took his first sacrifice of pride for the baby. Nicely done babe.)

I called my insurance company way back over Thanksgiving break and got a list of providers they covered. 

I googled said providers. 

I got overwhelmed (people- just have a website and put information on it! Please.) and quit the entire process until today. Yes, almost 3 months later.

I called said providers.

Clearly, in channeling my inner Rory Gilmore, I made pro/con lists for each company.



Here's what I've learned...besides the boring stuff

There are some companies that ONLY sell 1 model, and it is a manual model. Really?

Only 3 companies sell the model I want.

Lenexa is apparently the holy ground for all medical supply companies.  

When you can get women free* breast pumps- you can have WHATEVER hours you want. 
4 days a week- why not?
Only open till 4 so no one that works can get to you? Sure!

You can NOT plan ahead and get a breast pump. You are NOT allowed to order one in January when you aren't due until April. 
In fact, it was borderline selfish for you to ask such a question.
Clearly in wanting to get yours taken care of early you are REALLY just trying to rip a breast pump out of the hands of a mother who goes into labor early and didn't already order a pump. 
You are rude, and you lose mom points. 

Oops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment