Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Womb-ventures

Our little one may only be the size of an avocado (as of today- how very exciting), but this baby has already checked off so many baby bucket list items!

It accompanied me to my first "First Friday"


It wrote a master's capstone and will walk across stage in November.
I turned in my portfolio on the same day the President came to visit campus. This lil' guy was all dressed up for the event. When I saw him I cried, and then texted Rico, who joked that I should take a picture of him. Done and done. 


It went to a rock concert and was witness to some poor decision making...and really bad music.

This man kept his hand here for 23 minutes. TWENTY THREE minutes. 

It has been to Starlight Theatre to see the Little Mermaid, and thanks to all those lovely hormones it passed along to me- there was a lot of crying involved.


It was in a homecoming parade and rode a float! 

It went to a bachelorette party and played a few "bachelorette minute to in-it" games- go blue team. There was a lot of spinning...especially considering my increased blood flow. 





It went to a gender reveal for one of my best friends from high school. We guessed right- BOY!


It was in the stands to cheer on its dad and uncle at an alumni game (I'm sure it was waving its little arm buds. Go ahead, take a moment, just imagine that.)

It went to City Market, where it (again) experienced a hunger-rush like no other while hunting for something called a Pierogi (that we later found out was no longer there). In a food-panic- this was our breakfast:
Carollos sandwiches. This was Rico's- mine was far more pregnancy- friendly. 

It went to back to school meetings, meet the teacher night, mentor meetings, AND helped teach the first day of school....and every day since then. 

It visited its aunt, uncle, and cousin. This is what an early first trimester "pool party" looks like. 



It went to the Irish Festival at Crown Center.
And accidentally parked WAAY over at Union Station- which turned out to be a bonus because we got to see not only the Real Pirates exhibit- but some very interesting people at a wrestling event. 
Green fountains!

It went to Louisburg Cider Mill before a day of winery hopping. It was a perfect plan- start with a freshly made apple-spice doughnut, and pick up a 4-pack of non-alcoholic ciders for mom to drink during the rest of the winery tours. 








It went on tours of 3 of Louisburg's wineries. Want to see someone instantly judge your husband? Beg him to go on a winery tour with you and then don't take the samples (and clearly tell them why, because you can't stop telling random strangers because they are the only people it IS safe to tell). They will then look at him like, "You evil, evil man. WHY would you subject your poor wife to this?"   Some may even be bold enough to actually say, "Well, aren't you an understanding wife!" Don't worry, you'll both laugh at it as you sit on the patio and listen to some live music as he drains the bottle you just bought...SOMEONE had to drink my share. It was a phenomenal weekend. 


Oktoberfest. This ended VERY differently from last year. LAST year, I went with Rico and some friends. We stayed at a local bar until 2 am. One of my friends sprinted down the empty streets screaming, "I'm shutting it DOOOOWN!". THIS year, I waited too long to eat (I didn't think about how there wouldn't be preggo friendly street food), and eventually ate a salad that made me so sick we had to leave. 
I got old. 
I got old FAST. 







No comments:

Post a Comment