Thursday, March 27, 2014

38 weeks

Today…today I am officially 38 weeks pregnant.
I wore nude heels and naked legs to celebrate.
(There is no relation between these things- except in my mind. Don't be confused.)

What made it real….like REAL real was that we realized that the last baby Rico held was this old- and he was in the real world.

Like, you could touch him.
Like, you could hold him.
Like, you could kiss his little adorable cheeks.

AND HE WAS THIS OLD!

In related news, his appointment this week went well. 
My blood pressure is good. 
Eli's still head down. 
His heart rate is awesome.
And- best news- I am strep B Negative (the last thing that would have made me have to have an iv put in…unless I get dehydrated)

I don't have any numbers for you…I won't unless I go past 40 weeks
Why? Welll, that's kind of the magical question. 
Basically, in any test/ decision "they" (Bradley class) encourages us to ask
1) What are the risks?
2) How reliable is it?
and my favorite...
3) What will I do with the information?

1) So, as far as risk, not a lot. It's certainly not my idea of a good time though. 
2) How reliable…well, that depends on the person/people doing it. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone get a check by 1 person to get one number, and then get checked by someone else only to get another number (both effacement and dilation)
3) So- let's say I am told I am a 4. (and let's assume this is 100% accurate)
Now what? 
This tells me very little about when I might actually have a baby. 
I could be at a 4 and have a baby the next day- OR I could walk around for days on a 4.
I would just be on high alert and feel like my labor was going too slowly. 
No thanks. 
I'm too anal for that. 

So- no numbers until I go over 40 weeks or I think I am in labor. 

I CAN tell you that I haven't been having any signs of labor…just "lookin' good feelin' good" 
In my midwife's words, "Almost TOO good"
Awww schucks.

Also in my midwife's words, 
"It's official, you are definitely having a baby within the next month" 
Ah- midwife jokes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment