Sunday, March 16, 2014

Maternity Photos!

Let me start by saying that even RICO's first statement after our shoot was, "Well that wasn't bad at ALL- it was actually fun! Katie is awesome!" 
I agree. Good times.
Then photos came on the CUTEST flash drive there ever was in the mail 2 days later. 
2 days people. 
As in Thursday night we were taking photos, and Saturday we got to have them.
We waited over a year for our wedding photos to be edited. 
I was expecting at least a few weeks.
We didn't even check the mail on Saturday until about 9 pm, when we decided to go get 1/2 price appetisers at Applebees because we had been boring all night. 



After the photos were over (on a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree weather day), we looked at each other and both agreed that we have a very talented friend in Katie. 
AND giving- what an amazing baby shower gift. 
AND funny…she made us smile a lot. Like, just being her.

We even started the photos off with a bang. Literally. There were people banging in the park.
That's the official and most mature way I can describe what they were doing. 
Banging.
 I'm pretty sure I saw it first, but the wave of realization quickly came over all of us.
Did we back away? Heck No! 
Did we giggle? Heck Yes!
Did we make lots of jokes? You better believe it. 
When I started looking through photos- did THIS one make me laugh out loud….why yes, yes it did.
It's like Where's Waldo- can you spot the publicly mating couple?!


I had originally planned to pick a few favorite photos to share on my blog with everyone. 
Here's the problem: I couldn't whittle it down to any less than 75…and that's a bit excessive-UNLESS…
I were to make a video! 
Yes, certainly this was the best use of my last afternoon of Spring Break. 
So- here they are! Obviously some of the quality got lost in changing it into a video, then changing that video into something youtube could handle- but you still get the idea.

Seriously, you should all go ahead and book Katie right now. 
Joyfulbeginningskc.com    
AND she does birth photography 
AND Placenta services
obviously- I am obsessed with everything she does. 


No comments:

Post a Comment